Wednesday 19 August 2009

Do schools kill creativity?

This is one of the best speeches I have ever heard about education and the importance of creativity in education.

It's hilarious, interesting, and you may like to listen to this case of a highly kinesthetic girl at school Gillian Lynne, a well-known multimillionare coreographer (Cats, Phantom of the Opera), who was diagnosed a learning disorder at school.

I absolutely agree with Sir Ken Robinson about the need to reshape the educational system which nowadays is still placing too much emphasis on the logico-mathematical, and linguistic intelligences.

This summer I had the chance to learn a bit more about the Multiple Intelligences Theory with Mario Rinvolucri thanks to a scholarship I received from the Generalitat de Catalunya. So I could attend a summer course in Pilgrims, University of Kent, in Canterbury, an experience I highly recommend: great trainers, great atmosphere, great campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment